Affton Chamber Names Exceptional Educators
These teachers from around the zip code will be honored at a dinner on March 8.
The Affton Chamber of Commerce announced this year’s round of great teachers who will be honored at the Ninth Annual Exceptional Educators Recognition Dinner on March 8.
Each year the chamber honors one each from each school in the area, including the Affton School District, the Bayless School District, Lutheran High School South, Cor Jesu Academy and several local parochial schools.
This year’s Exceptional Educators and their schools are:
- Affton High School: Karen Schuering
- Rogers Middle School: Cathy O’Brien
- Gotsch Intermediate School: Amy Todt
- Mesnier Elementary School: Kim Duy
- Bayless Elementary School: Lesley Sugg
- Bayless Intermediate School: Kelly O’Connor
- Bayless Junior High School: Woody Babb
- Bayless High School: Jonathan Robards
- Cor Jesu Academy: Colleen O’Brien
- Dressel School: Michael Kuhn
- Lutheran High School South: Debbie Davis
- Our Lady of Providence Catholic School: Karen Ganey
- St. Dominic Savio Catholic School: Christie Schneider
- Seven Holy Founders Catholic School: Marilyn Effinger.
“As a chamber, we realize the importance of education,” Chamber President Timothy J. Kinealy said. “Recognizing these teachers, who have excelled at instilling a love of learning in their students, is another way that we feel we can support the educational process.”
The Exceptional Educators Dinner began in 2004 as a way to honor teachers at K-12 schools in the 63123 zip code. Each teacher recognized will also be presented with something personal and something for their classroom.
“The chamber has always been very supportive of local schools and we realize that these exceptional educators are teaching our future business leaders. Our members know that a community is only as good as its schools,” Chamber Executive Director Joan Edleson said,
The dinner will be held March 8 at Orlando Garden’s banquet center, 4300 Hoffmeister Rd. The doors open at 5:30 p.m. and dinner will be served at 6 p.m. The dinner will be part of the Chamber’s March 8th General Membership meeting. The event is $ 20.00 per person, including a buffet dinner and an open bar. Reservations are required and must be prepaid by Friday. For reservations contact the Affton Chamber of Commerce at 314-849-6499.