It’s well known that Pat and Denise Dolan decked their house so well that they took fifth-place in Patch’s Deck the House Contest.
The Dolans' decorating job inspired a little engine that could attitude when they landed in the 24 finalists. Comments even invoked the mythical Rally Squirrel in the effort to win the $100,000 prize for the Affton School District.
Yard signs, the Affton School District, local organizations and TV news all encouraged voting. (By the way, we hear yard signs are still out there. Let us know in the comments if you know of one that needs to be removed. Thanks!)
Congrats to a fantastic community effort!
Below are comments encouraging votes, and congratulating the Dolans collected throughout the contest. Once again, congrats Pat and Denise Dolan!
- Pat Dolan should get a job setting up lights at Tilles Park! Great job!
- This house is amazing. Vote once daily and help us win 100.000 prize money for Affton School District!! House is located on Laclede Station Road just past Gotsch School (before you get to Quick Trip).
- Barry K. from the Creve Coeur MO Patch. I have over 150,000 Christmas lights of my own, I have seen this home and the lighting is nicely done and looks very professional. Many homes have gone overboard the figures and things , not this one. I would recommend you VOTE for this home over the other 23 finalists.
- Can we find out the address so we can drive by it? I love the photos and will be voting for it!
- I hate most Christmas lights. They are VERY often put together horribly. My family will intentionally point them out to me to watch me squirm. The Dolan house is SO well done I LOVE to drive by it. Well done!!
- The house is on Laclede Station Road--four houses south of Watson--can't miss it--it glows.
- I love the fact that the real meaning of Christmas is displayed.
- Everyone is going to have to vote every day to catch Kristy Powel of Davis CA. Plus every one needs to tell ten people to vote and they tell ten people.
- I am with you Barry--it is all about networking--we can do this--but everybody has to help--it's just a click--it's faster to vote than it is for us to get all the lights turned on!!!!
- We are telling everyone we know so we can at least get to second. Then the momentum can carry us to a victory!!! Go Dolan's!!!
- Since this is the only one is the STL area, have you thought about asking all of the local TV and radio stations to feature it? Apparently, that is what is being done out in CA.
- Please help Affton school district by voting for this house. It's currently in 4th place. You can vote daily. Thanks to all.
- I just posted on KMOV's FB page. if you are on any other FB news pages post a link!!
- We have posted it on the Affton Chamber's website and sent out a special email blast to members asking them to vote. Good luck!
- I would contact Fox2 or KSDK, they are VERY good about covering things like this. Write to the anchors personally or to a producer. Perhaps even Show Me St. Louis would cover it. Also, is it possible to have the kids vote at school each day? I have been voting everyday! Love the Dolan's and their house and would love to see the District win!!!
- KSDK is airing the story tonight at 6!!! Make sure to watch and spread the word!!!
- FOLKS--we are going live...We need a Rally Squirrel really really bad...
- I posted on my Facebook wall. I have several friends, including myself, that live in the Affton area!! Good luck!!! My daughter LOVES this house!!!
- My boys love this house. Great Job and Good Luck!!! I am voting for you daily to help our schools in the Affton District!
- Been voting every day from 4 different e-mail addresses. Will take a super-human effort today and tomorrow to catch up with Davis, CA.
- I am afraid people are not waiting for the 'thanks for voting'--we have had over 17,000 views--but not many votes--I am perplexed.
- Your home is very attractively decorated. I don't understand why your local media aren't supporting your efforts to publicize this opportunity to benefit your local schools. I am a neighbor of the Davis, CA home and our local newspaper (circulation: 12,000) -- although not a cheerleader -- posted factual stories on an almost daily basis about the contest. The parents of the 8,900 students in our school system quickly realized the opportunity for school funding and made this a community effort. Again, your display is very attractive...