Police: Debit Card Fraud, Recovered Eyeglasses
The card was stolen from a vehicle in Crestwood and used to withdraw funds without authorization in Shrewsbury, police said.
Shrewsbury Police Department officials handled the following incidents earlier this month. The department provides this information as part of the weekly crime blotter:
A pair of girls eyeglasses were recovered Sept. 24 from the Festival Site pavilion in Wehner Park, 7600 Hazel Ave. The owner of the glasses should claim them by calling the evidence custodian for police at 314-647-5656.
A perpetrator used a stolen debit card to withdraw $950 at an ATM in Shrewsbury, police said. The victim told police his debit card was stolen Sept. 18 from his vehicle, which had been parked at the Whitecliff Park community center in Crestwood. A perpetrator then used the card to withdraw the money from the ATM at First Community Bank, 7435 Watson Rd. An investigation was ongoing.
More recent crime articles on Patch:
- Police: Burglar in Affton Spotted by Neighbor, Caught with Socks on Hands
- Top 9 Crime Stories: Affton-Shrewsbury in September 2012
- Affton Police Blotter: Stolen Pickup Truck, Weapon Threat and More
- Stepfather Charged With Endangering Children in Meramec Drowning Death
- Police: DWI Charge Sought After Car Hits Tractor Trailer on I-44