Police: DWI Charge Sought After Car Hits Tractor Trailer on I-44
The incident happened early Sept. 19, the Shrewsbury Police Department reported.
Charges including one count of driving while intoxicated are being sought against a Kirkwood woman after her vehicle crashed into a tractor trailer on Interstate 44, the Shrewsbury Police Department reported.
The incident happened at about 1:50 a.m. Sept. 19. The woman's 2006 Volvo crashed into a tractor trailer and then hit the center median, police said. She received transportation to the hospital for non-life-threatening injuries.
Police sought to charge the woman on suspicion of driving while intoxicated, improper lane use and driving with a suspended license.
For more crime coverage, check out these stories:
- Police: Pit Bull Owner Cited, Man Leaves Accident Scene
- South County Man Stole Neighbor's Jewelry Over Six Weeks, Police Say
- Mugs in the News: The Faces that Made This Week's Crime Headlines
- Burglary, Assault Suspect on St. Louis County Most Wanted List
- Police Investigating Overnight Rash of Car Break-ins