A South County man faces criminal charges after police said he choked his wife until she was nearly unconscious and banged her head on the toilet.
(See related on Patch: Landlord Threatened Tenants With Shotgun, Police Say)
Jimmy Gurley, 60, of the 4800 block of Heidelburg in South County near Affton, was charged Saturday with second-degree domestic assault.
St. Louis County Police said Gurley attacked his wife at about 8:15 a.m. Saturday.
Bond was set at $20,000 cash only.
For more crime information on Affton-Shrewsbury Patch, see the following articles:
See More on Patch
- Affton Mother Charged With Assaulting Daughter Posts Bond
- Mother Charged With Assaulting Daughter Over Text Messages
- Police Respond to Domestic Disturbance, Find Stolen Firearm
- After Son Threatened Ex-Girlfriend, Affton Mother is Charged With Hiding Shotgun From Police
- Man Punched, Threatened Ex-Girlfriend With Shotgun, Police Say