Traffic Ahead: Downtown Could be Tricky
All lanes on eastbound I-64 in downtown St. Louis will close this weekend. You can get there–but driving home might be a challenge.
What's even more maddening than road closures and construction? Inconsiderate, irresponsible drivers that make you shake your head in disbelief. Each week on Patch, we'll highlight some of these Traffic Troublemakers, plus give you a look at what to expect on the roads courtesy of MoDOT.
A St. Louis Patch editor tells a tale of driving to pick up her little one from school. Maybe it's something to try next time...
This woman was following in her car so closely that I could smell her breath. And then...she turned into the preschool parking lot right behind me. While I felt like giving her a quick lesson in driving etiquette, I smiled instead and secretly tried not to think mean things about her.
St. Louis Regional Work Zones for December 8-14
Eastbound I-64 from Jefferson Avenue to 6th Street closed this weekend
In downtown St. Louis, all lanes on eastbound I-64 from Jefferson Avenue to 6th Street will close this weekend. The closures will occur from 8 p.m., Friday until 8 p.m., Sunday for bridge work. Motorists are urged to use Jefferson to I-44 as a detour to get downtown. The eastbound ramps at Pine Street, Forest Park and Ewing Avenue will close at 7 p.m., Friday until 8 p.m., Sunday.
One lane closed on westbound I-64 downtown this weekend
One lane on westbound I-64 from Jefferson Avenue to 6th Street will close from 5 a.m., to 8 p.m., both Saturday and Sunday. The Broadway Avenue or the 10th Street entrance ramps will also close from 5 a.m., to 8 p.m., both Saturday and Sunday.
Celebration in St. Charles County
In St. Charles County, MoDOT will celebrate the completion of safety improvements on several routes at a ribbon cutting ceremony held Friday. Improvements were made to areas on Route 94, Route D, Route DD and Route P. The ceremony will be held at 2:30 p.m., at Lake 16 of the Missouri Department of Conservation.
And on-going closures:
- I-70, St. Louis City, right lane on eastbound I-70 closed from St. Louis Avenue to Broadway until summer 2012.
- I-64, St. Louis City, eastbound 11th Street exit ramp closed weekdays 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. (except Thursday and Friday this week)
- I-70, St. Louis City, express lanes are closed until mid-December.
- I-70, St. Louis City, the ramp from eastbound I-70 to 10th Street has permanently closed.
- Grand Boulevard, St. Louis City, closed from I-64 to Chouteau by St. Louis City until mid 2012.
- I-255, St. Louis County, northbound right lane and shoulder closed until late December 2011.