Two House Fires in Affton; Three Receiving Emergency Assistance
The Affton Fire Protection District responded to two house fires this afternoon. No one was injured.
The Affton Fire Protection District responded to two house fires Monday in Affton.
The first fire was in the 9200 block of Pavia Ave., where a storage shed and the house it attached to were both on fire. The shed was completely burnt away, said Ben Waser, interim assistant fire district chief.
The fire spread to a neighboring house, but damage to that house remained external.
No residents were injured. The Red Cross said it was providing two adults and a child with emergency food and clothing assistance.
During that call, firefighters also responded to a fire on Joel Avenue, just a mile north of Pavia Avenue. First responders quickly handled the situation, which Waser said was caused by burnt food.