An Affton woman hoping to bring a Trader Joe’s to South County has sweetened the deal for those interested in showing their support.
Carol Boss invited new members of the “Bring Trader Joe’s to the Communities of South St. Louis” Facebook page to win a chance at a $50 gift card—if they write a petition letter to the company. The drawing will take place on March 29.
Boss began her efforts last fall with petition signing events, a video, and online petition and a Facebook page. Despite a petition boasting more than 2,800 signatures in support of a new Trader Joe’s, the grocer has said they are not currently considering South St. Louis County for a new store (but added that they would re-consider it in their "next review").
With the closing of the Save-A-Lot store last week, perhaps there’s still a chance.
“I'm not giving up on the dream," she told Patch.
Letters may be sent to Angus Armstrong, SVP-General Counsel & Real Estate, 800 South Shamrock Ave., Monrovia, CA 91016.
Boss asks that those who wish to be considered for the drawing send a copy of the letter to TraderJs2STL@yahoo.com.
Read more on the efforts to bring Trader Joe's to South County:
- Letter to Affton: Help Me Bring Trader Joe's to South County
- Affton Save-A-Lot Grocery Store Will Close Feb. 23
- Letter-Writing Campaign Hopes to Bring Trader Joe's to South County
- South County Mails 2,800+ Petition Signatures to Trader Joe's
- Campaign for South County Trader Joe's Launches Video
- Crestwood Mall Developers Want Trader Joe’s (Or Something Like It), Too