The massive search efforts aimed to find Christopher Sparks, the 12-year-old Affton boy who went missing Sunday night, have turned up no clues yet, police said.
The investigation will likely wrap up tonight, and St. Louis County Police Chief Tim Fitch said he will address media at the site of Christopher's disappearance at 4 p.m.
Christopher’s family found a small glimmer of hope in the discovery of a pair of socks near the scene where he disappeared.
“Katie (Christopher’s sister) saw them and shouted, ‘Oh my god, those are our socks!’” said Donna Sherman, his great-aunt. “They had grass and crap all over them.”
The family is not sure the socks were Christopher’s and not from one of the children at the vigil at the scene all day yesterday.
“Nobody knows for sure these are Christopher’s socks,” Sherman said. “Are we 100 percent sure? No.”
Police said there is no indication investigators are missing any of the clothing Christopher wore into the water.
"We are all just grasping at straws," Sherman said.
Patch is contacting police to see if the socks are a clue in the investigation.
For more, check out Patch's coverage of the story.
See More on Patch
- Affton Men Nabbed Jewelry From South County Home, Police Say
- Stepfather Pleads Guilty to Suppling Alcohol to Boy Who Drowned in Meramec River
- Shrewsbury Police: Woman Arrested for Prostitution
- Affton Man Stole From His Girlfriend's Mom, Police Say
- Drug Arrest Made After Police Assist Motorist Who Ran Out of Gas