Looking for a solid person with ERP background - possibly mainframe type that has Oracle, SQL Server, Data Analysis, willing to get in and dig/learn ERP, etc.
Located in Soulard.
Analyze, develop, and modify a wide variety of new and/or existing computer programs of a high degree of complexity and scope within a moderate sized mainframe and personal computer environment for the purpose of recording, storing and processing information into company applications. Analyze user requirements and identified problems with installed systems. Coordinate with application vendors on bug resolution and updates. Code modifications as needed to meet user requirements for updates to existing applications that are not supported by the vendor.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Confer with organizational personnel involved to investigate and determine specific user requirements, such as output results, degree of data summarization, and format for management reports.
- Analyze and design specific programs to meet requirements and develop corresponding programs and scripts to complete project.
- Define work flow and user procedures and prepare program implementation, testing and installation notes.
- Encode, test, debug, and install new operating programs and procedures in coordination with the computer operations and user departments following prepared instructions.
- Prepare, document, and integrate updates, modifications and corrections into existing programs.
- Provide ongoing training and respond to user questions on existing programs and help to resolve user identified problems or to identify and correct errors or bottlenecks with specific programs.
- Provide leadership in suggesting ways to implement and use individual programs through ensuring appropriate use of programs and preparation of system and program documentation as well as user operation instructions.
- Install, implement and use purchased software packages, developing new programs as necessary, modifying programs, and testing and debugging all operating features of the software.
- Monitor use of reporting tools and define/reconstruct appropriate catalogs, etc. to support end user requirements.
- Review and confirm individual program inputs and outputs.
- Conduct periodic follow-ups to validate successful implementation of programs.
- Work with software vendors as needed to resolve user problems and software bugs.
- As directed, learn any language or technology necessary to meet business needs and objectives
- Provide accurate time estimates of projects’ duration and accomplish them within a reasonable deviation of the original estimate.
- Project management as required.
- Train other members of MIS Staff in Pro-IV programming language and Glovia as needed.
- Prepare status report
- Provide operational backup support
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Data Processing, Business or Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience: Seven years of experience in a similar position.
- Skills/Knowledge: A thorough knowledge of relational databases and structured query language (SQL). Problem solving, analytical, logical, organizational and detail oriented skills are important. Must have excellent interpersonal and communication (both verbal and written) abilities. Successful candidate will be a team player, self-motivated, adaptable, accountable and demonstrate initiative and persistence in task accomplishment.
PREFERRED POSITION QUALIFICATIONS
- Prefer experience with Pro IV, Cognos, Oracle, SQL Server, HP-UX and/or Windows. In lieu of ProIV, experience with the warehouse system software “High Jump” with its proprietary “Architect” language is preferred.
I will post my positions on this site often, which will include a summary of the position, requirements, client location and terms. In addition, I also post positions on the following networking sites, please feel free to connect:
In the recruiting world, it is all about networking, so please feel free to share my contact information with those in your IT network, as everyone knows someone in IT who may be considering a change in employment.
I look forward to providing potential job leads to you, guiding you through the interview process, and landing you a position you will feel good about.
My contact information: