Invite a friend
Creating Allies in Safety
A presentation for the community and professionals: Woman's Place invites you to a free training to learn how to best support domestic violence victims, encourage safe choices and identify "red flags" of potentially lethal escalation. Participants will learn the Ten Things to Do or Say and the Five Things to Never Do or Say to both victims and perpetrators of intimate partner violence.
The presentation will: provide a new and interesting understanding of the nature and dynamics of domestic abuse, explore a real life case study of effective intervention and explain specifically what everyone can do to help make victims and their children safer.
Bring a sack lunch. Space is limited. Pre-registration is required. Please call early to reserve your space. Find us BEHIND St. Mark's Catholic Church, south side of campus.
More About Woman's Place
Woman's Place is a nonprofit organization that offers support, encouragement and resources for women who have experienced violence in their lives. The center features self-awareness and growth workshops, as well as domestic violence and mothers' support groups. Services are free with donations encouraged.
Other events here
- Healthy Sexuality Workshop for Women Sat, Jun 8, 9:30 am–11:30 am
- Young Women's Safety Forum June 15, 2013 / July 26, 2013, 9:30 am–3:00 pm
- Healthy Relationships workshop for women Sat, Jun 22, 9:30 am–12:00 pm
- Anger - The Fire Within March 23, 2013 / August 17, 2013, 9:30 am–11:30 am
- Self-Compassion workshop May 18, 2013 / November 16, 2013, 9:30 am–11:30 am