Invite a friend
Creating Allies in Safety
Have you ever gotten a call like this: "I think my daughter is being abused." "I want to help but I don't know how." Tomorrow we are having our free Creating Allies in Safety training - Tuesday January 8 from 6-9 pm at our NEW location in Affton at 8300 Morganford Road, behind St. Mark’s Catholic church – entrance is at the right rear of the building.
This is particularly for people who may engage domestic violence victims or their friends and family members in the course of their ministry or service. The presentation will: introduce the material covered in our How to Help workshop, provide information on how and why advocates should engage friends and family, and to tour Woman’s Place and get to know our staff and services.
Please call ahead so we have enough handouts.
More About Woman's Place
Woman's Place is a nonprofit organization that offers support, encouragement and resources for women who have experienced violence in their lives. The center features self-awareness and growth workshops, as well as domestic violence and mothers' support groups. Services are free with donations encouraged.
Other events here
- Healthy Sexuality Workshop for Women Sat, Jun 8, 9:30 am–11:30 am
- Young Women's Safety Forum June 15, 2013 / July 26, 2013, 9:30 am–3:00 pm
- Healthy Relationships workshop for women Sat, Jun 22, 9:30 am–12:00 pm
- Anger - The Fire Within March 23, 2013 / August 17, 2013, 9:30 am–11:30 am
- Self-Compassion workshop May 18, 2013 / November 16, 2013, 9:30 am–11:30 am