The Affton Community Involvement Association (AICA) tackles issues it feels are for the long-term betterment of Affton.
The AICA is comprised of members from the parishes of Affton churches St. Dominic Savio and Seven Holy Founders.
At a recent meeting it considered a list of Affton-area business that have left or went out of business, and also pointed out new businesses. They call it the Property Watch List.
Vacant properties of concern:
- Hanneke/Petco (Gravois Road)
- Sav-A-Lot (Grasso Plaza)
- Seven-11 (Gravois/Tesson Ferry)
- Former Shell Station (Gravois/Rock Hill)
- Seven Holy Founders School
- Small strip mall (Southwest corner Gravois at Tesson Ferry)
- Blockbuster (Gravois Road)
- Red Racks (Gravois Road)
- Former bank building (Gravois at Valcour)
- Mackenzie Crossing storefronts (Mackenzie/Heegge)
- Sappington Market (Watson Road)
- Clubhouse Bar & Grill (Gravois Road)
- Sharpshooter Pit & Grill (Gravois Road)
- Courtesy Diner (Laclede Station Road at Heege Road)