The is hiring. Here's what you need to know to get the job!
Position: Affton Chamber of Commerce Community Specialist and Member Services
Type: Permanent, part-time
Overall Responsibilities: Administer the update & upkeep of the commercial property database. Coordinate member services thru contact with members and non-members assisting the Ambassador Committee. Assist office staff with events and write all news releases.
Qualifications: Part-time position for a highly motivated person, who must be outgoing, able to multitask, and work independently. Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Publisher. Have a working knowledge of WordPerfect, Facebook, LinkedIn, and other social media outlets. Must be willing to learn QuickBooks and ChamberWare, (chamber management software). Knowledge of the south county area is a plus.
- Administer the Commercial Database
- Visually research all 63123 commercial For Sale or Lease, or vacant property, taking pictures of the property.
- Collect property information thru various methods & obtain information needed for LOIS.
- Develop a list of commercial real estate agents and developers interested in our area and what type of properties they would be interested in.
- Monthly make contact with these agents and developers featuring one or two properties of interest to them.
- Drive thru commercial areas monthly to update which properties are to be removed or added to database.
- Assist in the Executive Director in developing a program for expanding Chamber membership
- Assist in recruiting new members and overseeing member records
- Coordinate new member welcome and orientation, including presentation or delivery of membership plaques and welcome bags for the Ambassador committee.
- With input from the Ambassador Chair & Executive Director, prepare agenda & minutes for that committee.
- Assist Executive Director in coordinating arrangements, logistics, and data for meetings. Attend Membership and Ambassador meetings and select other events.
- Assist in making phone calls regarding meeting attendance & event donations. Question how we can meet their needs, making sure we are doing all things possible to retain them. Provide resource information to members as needed.
- Prepare and distribute news releases
- Assist with preparation and mailing of monthly newsletters
- Develop promotional and accompanying materials for all events in conjunction with Executive Director.
Send resume to: Position, 10203 Gravois Rd., Affton, MO 63123-4029
Or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: [your name] resume