Planning to make a final stop at Johnny's Market, 11155 Gravois Rd., before its closing on Oct. 13? The store is open 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. daily with remaining goods being sold at 40 percent off.
Some customer favorites--including meat, crab dip, and ham salad--are already gone, but here's what you can hope to find:
- Canned fruits and vegetables
- Salad dressings
- Pet foods and supplies
- Frozen foods, including ice cream
- Cleaning supplies
- Personal hygiene supplies
- Fruit (mostly apples this week)
- Lunch meats
- Sports drinks and juices
- Cigarette cartons
Out of stock
- Meat and fish
- Bread and bakery goods [Editor's note: There are a few loaves of Wonder Bread.]
- Chips and snack foods
Owner Debbie Loeffelman said there's nothing special planned for the last day, but she does anticipate several longtime customers will come in and say goodbye.
Next month the store's fixtures and most of its pieces of memorabilia will be auctioned off online by BCL Auction. Bidding begins Nov. 5.
- UPDATED: Sappington's Johnny's Market Closing in October
- Sappington Farmers' Market Hopes for Short Goodbye
- Finding Locally Grown Food in St. Louis
- Letter to SunCrest: Help Me Bring Trader Joe's to South County