Got something you want to announce—new baby, new job, new accomplishment, new anything? We can help. Here’s how:
- Decide which Patch suits you best. Maybe it’s where you work; maybe it’s where you live. You can always post to more than one Patch later, but you need a starting point. If you need help, email Lindsay.Toler@Patch.com.
- Create an account. If Affton-Shrewsbury Patch is the right Patch for you (and we hope it is!), click “Join” in the upper right corner. You’ll enter your name, an email address and a password, or you can join with your Facebook account. Then fill out your profile and upload a picture and describe yourself so readers know a little about you.
- Go to our New Announcements page (http://affton.patch.com/announcements/new). Fill in the title, category and description.
- Add photos and video. Click the “Upload Photos and Video” button or hover over it and click the “YouTube Video” link to upload something from YouTube.
- Tell your editor! If you want your announcement highlighted or cross-posted on other Patch sites, send Ryan an email. His address is always at the top of any Affton-Shrewsbury Patch page.
Remember that when submitting an announcement, geography is crucial. If your event is in St. Louis City and you want to post it in a Patch, the online form might not recognize your event’s address. You can always add the address by typing it into the “Location” section and clicking the green “Add it!” buttons that come up.
When you get started, be sure to Tweet/Facebook/Email/Pin/Stumble Upon/Whatever what you post. If you really want readers to see your announcements, send them with your friends and family via email or share them on your social media networks.
Also, remember you can always submit a photo, video or event on our sites for free.