It's been quite a year, Patchers. In honor of the year that was 2012, here are the 12 most-read stories of Affton-Shrewsbury Patch:
- In the most heart-breaking, devestating news of the year, 12-year-old Christopher marks of Affton was found drowned in the Meramec River this summer. Many of our top read stories were about the frantic search for him after he went missing: Police Search for Missing Affton 12-Year-Old Boy, Christopher Marks Dead; Missing Affton Boy Found in Meramec River
New Hibachi Grill Supreme Buffet Opens on Watson - I have no idea why this story is so popular, but it gets tons of traffic. Can someone please explain this to me in the comments?
Fourth of July 2012 Fireworks in St. Louis - Remeber how hot it was this summer? Many Fourth of July fireworks shows were cancelled, including the JB Blast.
Should Kids Under Age See PG-13 Movies? - Lots of pre-teen parents out there?
- One of the best crime headlines of the year, I think.
Tsevis' Pub and Grill to Open at Former Martello’s Location - Delicious hummus!
Mackenzie Pointe Muggers Suspected in String of Area Holdups - Good band name.
Teacher Who Confessed to Raping Students Worked in Affton - This man turned himself in for raping students while working as a teacher. He thought he couldn't be arrested. He was wrong.
- The Dolans went all out this year to bring $100,000 to the Affton School District.
- Affton-Shrewsbury Patch readers love crime stories.
- And it wouldn't be a stereotypical South County list without a story about meth.
Thanks for a great year, Affton-Shrewsbury Patch!