.

Affton Firefighters Respond to Oven Issues

Two seperate oven-related issues occurred within 24 hours of each other in the same block of Grant Village Drive.

The Affton Fire Protection District responded to two seperate oven-related issues—a fire and some leaking gas—back-to-back this month.

On August 7, first responders put out a small fire in an oven, the district said. Cooking grease likely caused the fire, which was contained in the oven, in the 7400 block of Grant Village Drive.

Almost exactly 24 hours later, firefighters were called to the same block after a caller reported smelling gas, the district said. First responders did not find a hazardous level of gas. The gas to the oven was shut off, a Laclede Gas technician observed the oven and no hazards were found.

Units from Affton, Crestwood, Shrewsbury and Webster groves responded to both issues.

And a big thank you to Andrea, who alerted us to the fires by sending an email to Lindsay.Toler@Patch.com!

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »