The Affton Fire Protection District responded to two house fires Monday in Affton.
The first fire was in the 9200 block of Pavia Ave., where a storage shed and the house it attached to were both on fire. The shed was completely burnt away, said Ben Waser, interim assistant fire district chief.
The fire spread to a neighboring house, but damage to that house remained external.
No residents were injured. The Red Cross said it was providing two adults and a child with emergency food and clothing assistance.
During that call, firefighters also responded to a fire on Joel Avenue, just a mile north of Pavia Avenue. First responders quickly handled the situation, which Waser said was caused by burnt food.