The Missouri Department of Transportation close two lanes on eastbound Interstate 64 downtown on the double deck structure this weekend, as well as two lanes on westbound I-64 across the Poplar Street Bridge.
The department will also close two lanes on westbound I-70 at the Blanchette Bridge and several ramps this weekend for work to prepare for the upcoming closure of the westbound I-70 bridge across the Missouri.
Two lanes on eastbound I-64 downtown between the Poplar Street Bridge and Jefferson will be closed from 8 p.m. Friday, Oct. 26, until 2 p.m. Monday, Oct. 29. The ramp from eastbound I-64 to 14th Street will be closed during the same time.
Two lanes on westbound I-64 at the Poplar Street Bridge will be closed from 7:30 p.m. Friday, Oct. 26, until 5:30 a.m. Sunday, Oct. 28.
Two lanes on westbound I-70 at the Blanchette Bridge will be closed from 8 p.m. Friday until 8 a.m. Saturday. In addition, the ramps between Earth City Expressway and I-70 in both directions will be closed sporadically during that time. This work may be pushed to Saturday if the roadway is too wet to stripe.
The I-70 express lanes into downtown remain closed until mid-November to let crews working on the Mississippi River Bridge take advantage of a maintenance closure to complete work on the bridge. The ramp from westbound I-70 to Madison is closed for 45 days so crews can reconstruct the ramp for the Missouri I-70 interchange.
Motorists should be aware of the following on-going closures:
- I-64, St. Louis City, one eastbound I-64 lane will be closed from 20th/Chestnut to 14th Street around the clock until November.
- I-64, St. Louis City, the ramps from Forest Park Avenue and Pine Street to eastbound I-64 are closed around the clock until November.
- I-70, St. Louis City, one right lane on eastbound I-70 closed from St. Louis Avenue to Broadway until Saturday.
- I-70, St. Louis City, the entrance ramp from 11th Street to eastbound I-70 closed until Saturday.
- I-70, St. Louis City, the exit ramp from westbound I-70 to Madison is closed until mid-December.
- I-70, St. Louis City, the express lanes into downtown are closed until mid-November
- Wellington, St. Louis City, the Wellington bridge closed over the River Des Peres until late 2012. Detour to Jamieson Avenue bridge.
- I-55, Jefferson County, the ramp from northbound I-55 to Route M is closed until spring 2013.