Cor Jesu seniors Abby Chellis and Cara Greenley, students in Cor Jesu’s Intro to Engineering course, were each awarded a scholarship from Watlow totaling $15,000 for the 2013-14 academic year, according to a press release from the school.
Watlow divided the scholarship award between the equally qualified Cor Jesu seniors.
To qualify for the scholarship, a Cor Jesu senior must meet the following criteria:
- Have completed her junior year
- Demonstrate an interest in engineering
- Demonstrate legitimate financial need
- Submit an essay, detailing her engineering interest
- Commit to an internship at Watlow
- Have a willingness to give back to Cor Jesu’s engineering program
Cor Jesu Academy and Watlow, along with several other corporations, are taking part in the school’s new STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) Corporate Partners Initiative, which will provide high school students who are interested in engineering opportunities to discover, learn about and refine the STEM area they want to pursue at the university level.
In addition to Watlow, Ameren Transmission, Barry-Wehmiller, Clayco, DJM Ecological, The Gund Company, Sunnen Corp., Horner-Shifrin and Access Engineering are partners in the initiative.