On Gravois, just east of Mackenzie Rd., you will find John's Shoe Repair. It's a tiny little shop within a strip of businesses. John, the owner, who learned his trade from his grandfather back in Sicily, Italy, has been in business for 41 years. His craft is meticulously honed, his machines and tools are built to last the years and his experience is unmatched. Services range from repairs of all kinds to resoling, and everything in between. His advice to everyone on how to extend the life of their shoes? "Keep them clean. People don't keep their shoes clean like they used to." He enjoys having his business in Afton, where he credits the people in this area as being very nice.
- Hours: Vary. Often, Mon - Fri, 9am - 3pm or 4pm; Sat, Sun, closed.
- Handicap Accessible: No
- Founding Date: 1969
- Payments accepted: Cash, Personal Check
- Services: Repair
- Return policy: Negotiable
- ATM: No
- Public restrooms: No
- Parking: Free lot
- What makes this community special?: The people are very nice.
- What's a fashion tip that never goes out of style?: Clean shoes.
- Original design / hand-made?: No
- Part of a chain: No
- Number of changing rooms: 0
- Tailoring: No
- Shoe shine: Yes
- How can a customer extend the life of their shoes?: Keep their shoes clean.