The following information was supplied by the Shrewsbury Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
Thursday, July 25
- At 10:50 a.m., police were called to Value Village to investigate the theft of a purse. A customer of the store reported her purse was taken while she was shopping. Police responded back to Value Village at 8:30 PM and the store manager told them that the missing purse had been discovered mixed with other purses that were being sold. The victim responded to the police department to claim her purse and she stated the only items missing from the purse were three prescription medications.
- At 7:50 p.m., police responded to 4704 Shrewsbury Ave. and seized an abandoned bicycle. The bicycle was described as a black and pink Element Roadmaster. The business owner said the bike had been behind his building for about 3 or 4 weeks. The owner of the bike can respond to the Shrewsbury Police Department to claim it.
Friday, July 26
- After responding to an alarm call at the vacant Kenrick Cine’, 7505 Watson Rd., police discovered property damage on Friday, July 26, 2013 at 12:15 APM. Someone removed plywood from a door. Police checked the building and the surrounding area, but could not locate the suspect(s) that tried to gain entry. A similar incident occurred on July 21.
Saturday, July 27
- At 2:40 p.m., police responded to the 7300 block of Murdoch Avenue for a report of property damage. A resident reported that the driver door window on her vehicle had been shattered sometime between 1:00 and 2:30 p.m. The vehicle was parked on the street in front of her residence. Nothing was disturbed inside the vehicle. It is unknown if the damage was accidental or intentional.
Monday, July 29
- Officers responded to 7250 Lansdowne for a report of two suspicious subjects near the parking lot. A St. Louis man was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia, and an Imperial woman was arrested for numerous outstanding warrants from other agencies.
- A Kirkwood man was stopped for speeding on westbound Interstate 44 at Shrewsbury Avenue. The man was charged with speeding, possession of marijuana, and possession of paraphernalia.
Wednesday, July 31
- At 5:15 a.m., officers responded to the 7700 block of Suffolk Avenue after a resident saw two men attempting to rummage through his wife’s vehicle. The resident tried to stop the subjects, who fled on foot. Police were unable to locate the suspects. It was later determined that designer sunglasses had been stolen from two unlocked vehicles on that block. Residents are encouraged to remove items (including loose change, electronics, cords, etc.) from their vehicles and to ensure that their vehicles are locked. Report any suspicious activity immediately.